A Thanksgiving Letter to My Family

So this past week was Thanksgiving, a day that I now take time to reflect  and pay my respects to those families who lost their families and lives because of greed and jealously of what we call the United States. A day that for the first year, my family and I will reflect on those things we are grateful for. I wanted to let my family know all the unique qualities in each of them I am grateful for. I suggest you do this as well.

Malcolm Moise.


You are more than anything I could have imagined. The man I've always imagined having, I just didn't know it. lol
I couldn't stand you when I first met you. Your smile made me cringe..you were always so happy for no reason. I didn't understand why someone could be so happy for no reason. (I know now this was because of my own insecurities and bondage I was dealing with)
And then, I fell in love with you. I didn't want to but my energy slapped me every single time I wanted to run away.
Thank you for reintroducing life to me. Thank you for teaching me how to live life without any bondage, unapologetically and in truth. Thank you for giving me our Princess, one of the greatest gifts you will ever give me, seriously. Thank you for trusting me to make your visions come to life. Thank you for your patience with me when I'm ignorant or selfish. Thank you for your honesty, your faithfulness and respect for our relationship and bond. I love you a million times baby. <3


Jay'Ceon Aamari


My first born son. You are royalty. You are a light. We are the same in so many ways. You taught me so much. You taught me the true meaning of sacrifice. You introduced my purpose as a mother. Thank you for forcing me to grow. Thank you for being patient with me when you had no business needing to be patient for anything. Thank you for allowing your mother to fail, cry, be depressed, be selfish.. and still never giving up on me. Thank you for allowing me to have time to find myself and get myself together for us. Thank you for lighting a fire in a my soul, motivation, determination...no one else could have lit it the way in which you did. I love you more than you could ever imagine. As you grow, things will only get better and better. I will fulfill that promise I whispered to you an hour after you were born. I know it seems that I'm hard on you but trust me when I tell you it's because I love you and I know the great man you will grow to be.

Jaya Renee' Yvonne


My Princess. You know you have me wrapped around your finger right? You are royalty.  After having your big brother, I constantly dreamed about you. My beautiful baby girl. Thank you for choosing me to be your mother. Thank you for adding to my purpose as a mother. Thank you for relighting that flame your big brother lit 9 years ago. You are a force, your energy was already shining before you were born. Thank you for your warm hugs and embrace. Thank you for your sweet talks, and laughs. Thank you for trusting me every single second of the day. Thank you for giving me purpose every single day  by just one sound of your voice or one glance at your growing little body. I love you, my princess.

Thank you. My very own family. Thank you for making everything I went through dealing with the absence of a family, make sense. You three fulfill the voids, the missing pieces, the broken heart and heartaches. You are everything to me, you mean my entire existence. I couldn't imagine building this story, our empire...without you 3. I love you.
I l o v e y o u.


-Mommy

Comments