Personal Space: 101

A couple months ago, I felt so down. Now, it could've been a number of things...I just had a baby and I wasn't getting any sleep at all, whatsoever. I just felt like something was missing, I was confused about my purpose and to be honest..I was doing NOTHING to feed my numerous desires to be successful. Other than being great at being a new mommy, which I'm not watering that down or being ungrateful about it...I was starving those other ventures inside of me. Truth is, I wasted a lot of time before I got pregnant and during my pregnancy. All those great ideas, all that knowledge I was building up..only not to use any wisdom.

Then yesterday, the light bulb went off after this feeling started to creep back up on me. I had obviously improved on the not using the wisdom thing...but something was still missing!

Since I could remember, I've always had my own space. Even as a little girl, I copied my mother in my play time...having my own desk.A place where I could play, write, do homework, fall asleep. It was my own special, private area that no one was interested in besides me. Literally yesterday, I realized I went an entire year without having my own space. I had nowhere to release my energy, no where personal to write my thoughts, no where to release my scatterbrain.

Personal space is vital. So vital that you could build up a stress level so high, you become delusional and forget who you are, if you fail to have it.

Yesterday, I grabbed all my gems. Those private things, those must have things that have helped/help me grow, those things that get my energy in focus and get me focused in general ---those notebooks, journals, and planners filled with million dollar ideas I  have yet to discover or haven't worked on yet. I set up my desk, my personal space and sat down and worked! I felt absolutely amazing!

I am so happy to get my personal space back!

If you don't have a personal space, make sure you build one. If you've been abandoning your personal space, be sure to give it some quality time. You could discover the next best thing about you or that million dollar idea that you've been sitting on, may grow into reality. 

Comments