What was your Almost?

For the past months, I have been reading and studying Psalm 119. I actually started reading it one night while browsing through my Bible. My plan was to watch Sarah Jakes for the first time but something in my head was telling me to re-read Psalm 119:71. I had highlighted the verse while listening to one of Dharius Daniels sermons about Daniel. I just felt the holy spirit telling me to start from the very beginning of Psalm 119. I soon discovered exactly why I was led to this particular passage and also discovered its importance in the Bible.

As you can see from my last post, I have done a great deal of reflecting in Psalm 119.
There was a verse that I reviewed particularly this week,

 Psalm 119:87....

"They almost made an end of me on earth, But I did not forsake your percepts."

ALMOST, that particular word stood out to me like a deer standing in the street. Studylight.org highlighted almost meaning anything from:
  1. Attempts to ruin reputation
  2. Wasting/ruining substance or purpose
  3. Taking away your crown and kingdom

ALMOST.

I reflected on all of the things I've been through in my life. How it ALMOST ruined me, how it ALMOST made me want to kill myself, how it ALMOST made me want to give up.

ABUSE, ABANDOMENT, ADVANTAGE=IT ALMOST


God is amazing.
How many things ALMOST drove you insane? What was that thing that ALMOST made you do something you knew you would regret forever? That thing that you knew was disobedient that you ALMOST did.

I have never realized the importance of the word ALMOST until this scripture punched me in the face.
It gave me a new found gratitude for the seasons of afflictions and how I ALMOST did this or ALMOST did that BUT  I always remembered God. Or He always sent someone or something to remind me of who and what I was and how that ALMOST could effect my reputation, my  purpose, my royalty.

Remember, when you feel like you're about to ALMOST lose it. When you are ALMOST this close, remember that this earthly stuff is so temporary. What  people ALMOST make you do or what you ALMOST make yourself do because of things in life or what other people have done...remember this is just earth. It is temporary! They can do whatever the need to do to try to take away who you are on earth but guess, what..HEAVEN is the final place and they can't take away who you are there.  

I can now think of my ALMOST and not get upset but laugh. JOKES ON YOU! You ALMOST had me, is what I think now.


Write your ALMOSTS' down. Reflect on them. And then..rip them up and laugh. Read this scripture over and over again until you can laugh because ALMOST never counts!









Comments