Relationship with Yourself: Do you Know what you Want?

Oftentimes, I find myself feeling lost.
Like completely lost. No idea what I'm doing next, no idea what is coming next or what is to come.
As humans, we see certain things that are in our lives and we spend days wondering how in the world things are going to fall into place.

After a few recommendations, I finally got my hands on D.J. Khaleds' "The Keys" book. The book is SO GOOD! It's funny because I literally read it in his voice in my head.
I have discovered a new found respect for Khaled. Those quirky things he does and says---we laugh at but his book made it very clear that they all have a purpose.
When I discovered what his famous rabbles of "They don't want us.." and "We the Best" meant, it changed my entire perspective of him. It also changed a lot of the way I looked at myself.

A couple things I've realized about myself is that I often have all of these visions of what I want but the problem with that is, I never know exactly what I want.
This doesn't mean to know what I exactly want for all of my visions but I need to know exactly what I want for most of them.

For example, I constantly tell people that I want a Matte Black G6 and a white Jeep. Those are specific, I know exactly what I want. When I speak about owning a home, I say 2 years, huge pillars in the front, ceiling to the floor walls, large windows and a drive around drive way.

My new job taught me the SMAC theory for goals...

Specific, Measurable, Attainable, and Challenging.

How are you going to get what you want when you don't know what you want in the first place? It's so important to know EXACTLY what you want-In all areas of your life...dating included! How can a relationship  be successful when you don't know what you want?

I took away a few other things from Khaleds' book in reference to being specific and knowing exactly what you want in life and visions:
  1. Know EXACTLY what you want. Know your vision EXACTLY. Every single detail, write it out.
  2. Study the Greats. Those people who have been there and done that. Know their names, mistakes, life story and history.
  3. Never take NO for an answer-Go for exactly what you want.
You can't be successful in 1-3 without knowing exactly what you want. You MUST know.

Comments